Mital Spatz, DDS, Pharm.D
I look forward to getting to know you and your family. I moved to Chicago in 2002 after getting a degree in biology from Indiana University and my doctorate in pharmacy from Purdue University. After working as a medical science liaison for a biotech startup, I decided to study Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry. While in dental school, I enjoyed pediatrics and in my final year, I was a teaching assistant for the pediatric classes. I also had two daughters while in dental school–starting my “education” of being a mother. After completing my dental education and a one-year residency in general practice dentistry, I worked as the Director of the Stephenson County Health Department’s dental clinic, primarily treating children. In this position, I had the opportunity to help children become cavity free and provide dental education and care to children at schools and in the health department.
Blending my experience of being a mother of two young children of my own and my dental education confirmed my desire to complete formal training in pediatric dentistry. I particularly liked using my parenting skills to help “grow” my patients to have less anxiety and be able to better cope with receiving dental treatment. I also knew that as a pediatric dentist, I could combine my pharmacy knowledge and dentistry skills to provide dental treatment to children that are apprehensive about dentistry and could benefit from sedative medications.
I returned to UIC College of Dentistry to complete a residency program in Pediatric Dentistry and learn the specialized skills associated with pediatric dental care and behavioral management. Following this residency, I have had the experience of working in pediatric dental offices in the Chicagoland area, including Pediatric Dental Health Associates and Children’s Dental World and have since completed the extra written and oral exams to be considered a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Now, as a Board-certified Pediatric Dentist, I look forward to incorporating all my skills at Tooth Buds Pediatric Dentistry and to building a relationship with you and your child.
In addition to Tooth Buds, I work on a cleft lip and palate team at Shriner’s Hospital for Children and volunteer for several dental health initiatives. One of the things I have really enjoyed is volunteering with my girls. I love watching my kids share dental hygiene information with other children. I am excited to be opening an office in Northside Chicago and can’t wait to become part of the community.
- BS Degree, Indiana University
- Pharm.D Degree, Purdue University College of Pharmacy
- DDS Degree, the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry
- Residency in General Practice Dentistry, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Residency in Pediatric Dentistry, the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry
- Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
- Licensed Pharmacist
- Licensed in Conscious Sedation
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certificate in Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS)
- Chicago Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Illinois Society of Pediatric Dentists
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Shriners Hospital for Children- Cleft Lip and Palate Team
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
The dental team at Tooth Buds Pediatric Dentistry believes that every dental
visit should be a fun and positive experience. We truly enjoy working with children
. Every member is CPR certified and regularly attends continuing education courses
to expand and improve their skills and knowledge.