Dr. Dhwani Patel
Dr. Dhwani focuses on preventative care and possesses the highest qualifications and is extremely well skilled to uphold the highest quality of service. She provides your family with the very best dental care. Dr. Dhwani is excited to build friendships with you and your kiddos. Dr. Dhwani grew up in Virginia and received her undergraduate degree at Virginia Tech in Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise.
She earned a Masters in Biochemistry at Virginia Commonwealth University and her Doctorate in Dental Surgery also at VCU. After dental school, Dr. Dhwani moved to Chicago for specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Illinois Chicago as well as obtaining an additional Masters in Oral Sciences.
Dr. Dhwani comments, “with my background in Nutrition and Exercise, prevention of dental caries is something near and dear to my heart. Incorporating healthy lifestyle choices from a young age leads to healthy teeth and smiles. One of my primary goals as a pediatric dentist is to provide positive dental experiences for both the children and their parents.
I strive to make dental appointments fun and enjoyable for the kiddos!” During her free time, you can find Dr. Dhwani taking walks with her pup, Florence, trying new vegetarian-friendly restaurants, traveling, or spending time with family and friends!”
- BS Degree in Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise, Virgina Tech
- MS Degree in Biochemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University
- DDS Degree, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Residency in Pediatric Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry
- MS Degree in Oral Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Dental License (DDS)
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certificate in Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS)
- Chicago Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Illinois Society of Pediatric Dentists
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
The dental team at Tooth Buds Pediatric Dentistry believes that every dental
visit should be a fun and positive experience. We truly enjoy working with children
. Every member is CPR certified and regularly attends continuing education courses
to expand and improve their skills and knowledge.