Our community has been through a lot over the last two months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. As far as our office, we are looking forward to opening for regular dental care. Please be patient as the office will appear different and our patient flow will be different to ensure safe dental care.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about what we are doing at Tooth Buds Pediatric Dentistry to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to gather some COVID-19 related screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We will provide all documents for your review and signature via the Patient Portal to allow for a smoother appointment and limit the office time and items touched. These forms can be completed on your phone, computer or tablet.
• Please only have one adult and patient who is scheduled come to the appointment.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our office will no longer offers children’s toys, tablets, magazines and so forth.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and enough time to allow room air to circulate prior to your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you. We will request you wait in your car or outside the office and we will contact you to come in when we have a room cleaned for you.
• We ask that you wear a mask upon arrival to the office and while in the office. Obviously, your kiddo will remove the mask for dental treatment.
• Please plan ahead and use the washroom at home prior to arriving at the office to limit physical contacts in the office.
• We have installed an air scrubber and air purifier through our HVAC system, sneeze guards for the reception area, and HEPA and UV air purifiers for air filtration in all patient areas.
• All staff will check their temperature twice a day.
• Staff will be wearing gowns, N95 or equivalent mask, and other protective equipment.
• You may notice our techniques and instrumentation are a little different, we are trying to avoid aerosols that are created with some of our instruments and hand pieces.
• All this is in addition to the standard precautions we have always implemented such as hospital grade disinfectants, barriers, waterline filtration, medical grade sterilization procedures.
We are all in this together so please help us stop the spread of COVID-19 and follow the protocol we ask of you while receiving dental care. Thank you!